Sandwich Express (Cheshire) Ltd has been a family business for almost 100 years (est: 1918), Initially named ‘Drury’s Bakery’ it was started by John Drury and his Son Caradoc in a small Village called Eryrys near Mold, North Wales.
After moving to Bebington on the Wirral then on to Ellesmere Port in 1967 the name was changed to ‘Patisserie Anglaise’, with 6 shops around the local area and wholesale customers the business was run by Spencer and Desmond Drury (3rd Generation).
In 1994 the name ‘Sandwich Express’ emerged, this was for the sandwich delivery part of the business.
Over the next years the Sandwich Express name replaced Patisserie Anglaise, until 2012 when Spencer Drury & Martin Drury (4th Generation) incorporated the company:
SANDWICH EXPRESS (Cheshire) Ltd.